Saturday, October 16, 2010

A beautiful mind


Hello classmates. I hope that you’re fine.
Today I will talk about my favorite film. Actually, I’m not very good at seeing movies but I remember one called A Beautiful Mind.
This movie was released in 2001, was directed by Ron Howard with Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly.
The film chronicles the life of mathematician John Forbes Nash since his arrival at Princeton University in New Jersey, first as a student and then as a teacher.
During this period he met his future wife who finally is a mainstay of what will happen later.
As an adult discovers that suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, which directly affects his life and even sent his to a psychiatric hospital.
He lives with constant hallucinations, which it haunts him and his wife.
Finally being treated for schizophrenia, assuming it is a lifelong disease. And his wife becomes a mainstay throughout the process.
I like the movie for three reasons: first, because the way it is told, a look from the standpoint of schizophrenic, because one gets to know that John's friend was a hallucination from the middle of the film possible to see things from a different reality.
Second, I love it because it related to what I study, psychology. And finally, I think the film's protagonist is an example of life because it is able to cope with the disease and helped by drugs to move forward, even to win a Nobel Prize. Shown as a hopeful aspect.
That’s all
Best Regards
Good Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment