Saturday, October 23, 2010

The environment


Today I will talk about the environment. It’s an interesting and important topic for me and I believe that society is also important.

Through History, human being has put aside many times the environment. The environment gives the essence of living but technology and economy had led to disrespect it by prioritizing human interest.
I believe is very difficult to make conscious the destructive practices that we are used to, because many of them are long term destructive.
More and more organizations appear every day pointing respect to environment. The media and the government are always showing campaigns about respect but occasionally there weren’t enough.
The natural catastrophes made people rethink about their view and conducts with environment. But, once the trauma vanish the new thought don’t change what people do.
Recycling is an important topic is this sense, actually at my house my family (me included) doesn’t have recycling culture. I only have consciousness about the little things like don’t throw away garbage in the street, but I also smoke and drive a lot to college, even living only 10 blocks away and I don’t recycle bottles or paper and knowing in the world a lot of practices that people do against the environment I don’t do anything to change it.
I really believe that in general, people don’t know how normal acts could impact the environment because the consequences are long term and difficult to see. I think is very important that the government and the media give information to the people about the consequences about industrial and personal environmental unconcern that way people could change their conduct. Also, maybe would be impacting showing the possible future or an exaggerated future where children and their children will have to live in.
That’s all.
See you soon
Greetings
Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment